4-H Youth Program Advisor
Lauren Hollenbeck: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Extension?
Extension is the major educational outreach are of South Dakota State University, serving the people of South Dakota by helping them apply unbiased, scientific based knowledge to improve their lives.Continuing partnerships with county, state, and federal governments are made possible by the land-grant mandate that empowers Extension to offer educational information, programs, and services in response to local issues and needs.
- Character Counts
- 4-H Judging Events
- Special Foods
- Fashion Revue
- Livestock Showmanship
- County & State Fair
- Citizenship Washington Focus Trip
Our Regional Extension Office in Sioux Falls can help you with the following? Call 605-782-32902
- Weed, disease and insect identification and managemen
- Managing input costs
- Providing research and data on alternative cropping systems
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Food and nutrition
- Family resource management (example:Finances, communication, etc.)
- Senior health issues
- Tree and shrub establishment, selection, and pruning
- Vegetable gardening
- Conducting Extension Master Gardener Trainings
What else can you find?
- County land rent amounts and values
- 4-H Information
- County and State Fair information
- Private and Commercial Pesticide Applicator testing and recertification
- Water quality testing kits
- Farm safety camps and information
- And much more!
Union County Fair
2017 Fair dates – July 27-30 in Alcester, SD
Fairboard Meeting Agendas